Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday - Finding My Seasonal Schedule

Homemaking Thursday

I have flexible hours at work. It's great but also requires a decision from me about my work hours. I found that in the summer I enjoyed sleeping in a bit and then being able to walk the doggies in the morning - before the heat of the day set in. I'd get home at 5:30pm or so and still have plenty of daylight left.

But now it's getting colder and darker. The dogs are feeling lazy and don't want to go for a walk first thing in the morning. So I'm starting to get up early and going straight into the office so I can leave at 3pm and get home and walk the dogs while it's still light out. And I suppose it's working all right. The only tweak is that I get sleepy at like 7:30pm and it's cold and dark outside so I put on my jammies and cuddle under my big blanket and watch TV or read in bed.

Am I hibernating? It makes me feel a bit sloth, but is that maybe OK? Should I just enjoy this new cycle? The doggies are embracing it, I can tell you that. They love it. All right, I'll take the lead from the doggies. Never a bad idea.

How are you doing with your energy levels and schedule as winter approaches?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment