Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday - Counting the Sex


Marriage and Relationships Monday

Rob and I have had sex 4 times this month. Why do I know that? Because I have an app. It's supposed to track my menstrual cycle but it also has a HAD SEX indicator. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about seeing our stats in black and white (it's a color display but you know what I mean) but it turns out that it makes me feel great! I notice and have proof when it's been awhile which allows me to plan a seduction. It also makes me feel less anxious when I feel like it's been awhile but I check and it's been less than a week.

We've all read those little tidbits in women's magazines about how often the "average" couple does it. Whether those snippets of information make you feel good, bad, or indifferent about your own sex life I believe we all have a number that we want. Or a number that we fantasize about. And my favorite thing about marriage? The only people that get a vote on the sex frequency in your marriage are you and your spouse. I love that. It doesn't matter what your neighbors, magazines, or anyone else says. 

So after feeling a bit ambivalent about counting the sex, I now embrace it. Pun intended?

Do you count? Are you having too much? Not enough? Just right? And why does an adult conversation like this end up sounding like a children's story about piglets?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment