Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Glass of Wine is My Friend


Health and Wellness Wednesday

Last night was election night in America. President Obama was re-elected to a second term. But when I went to sleep no one knew that yet. Why did I go to sleep so early? Well, in a word, wine. I had worked 2 very long days and when I got home after voting I made a sandwich and then felt very, very lazy. I watched that movie Chimpanzee (so cute) and then an idea occurred to me. Wine! So I poured a glass that Jules from Cougar Town would've been proud of and settled into my jammies in bed.

Delicious wine (pinot noir if you care) and (boring) election results made for a very sleepy me. Long story less long, I woke early, fully rested and ready for hump day. I called out to Rob, who was already up and having his coffee in front of the TV in the living room, "Who's the president?"

"Obama," he called back.

I'm not sure what wine and election day have to do with Health and Wellness Wednesday, but what I am sure of is that a full night's rest after a glass of wine makes for a very wonderful Wednesday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment