Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Got Credit for Getting Up Early Even Though I Didn't


Homemaking Thursday

My daily routine calls for my alarm clock to go off at 6am. But this past weekend we ended daylight savings time and "fell back" 1 hour. A friend needed a ride to the airport very early Monday morning. There were four adults (myself included) who were available to give him a ride. Everyone balked at taking him to the airport at 5:30 in the morning. But I of course, saw the truth.

"Of course I'll take you. You want to be at the airport by 6am? I'll pick you up at 5:30."

Everyone's mouths dropped open in astonishment. They wanted to know why I was volunteering to get up at butt-crack dawn. I waved them away and said it was no trouble. Because it wasn't.

Have you figured it out yet?

My alarm goes off every weekday morning at 6am. The very first Monday after the time change I needed my alarm to go off at 5am in order to take my friend to the airport. My body noticed no difference because it had yet to adjust to the time change. The best part? I get "credit" for getting up early and I get to mock my friends for not being willing to sacrifice a bit of sleep for a friend. I love a win-win.

 

I'd also like to put in my 2 cents about daylight savings time. Just get rid of it. It's silly.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment