Friday, October 26, 2012

Finance and Frugality Friday

My day job gets me a paycheck every week. First off, I love getting paid every week. Why is it so much better than getting paid twice a month? Perhaps some psychologist can educate me about that. A few weeks ago I read about the 50-30-20 money plan. Lifehacker? Budgets Are Sexy? I can't remember. But I knew right away this is what would work for me.

It's so easy. Like that recipe, cupa cupa cupa. You don't need to write it down. (For those who didn't watch Steel Magnolias as often as I did it's: a cup of flour, a cup of sugar, a cup of fruit cocktail with the juice. Mix and bake @ 350 til gold and bubbly. Sounds kind of rich! It is, so I serve it over ice cream to cut the sweetness.)

50% mandatory bills

30% discretionary spending

20% savings

Easy peazy.

So every week I move my money around to be used with this plan. Dave Ramsey and all those other guys are so right. The more you plan and organize and budget, the more money you have. It's counterintuitive, but it's true.

What do you do?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment