Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Decide Who You Want To Be


The Woman I Want to Be Tuesday.

I found a list I made last year. It said -

"I want to enjoy, but not be controlled by,

          Food

          Booze

          Sex

          Money"

I love this list. But figuring out how to enjoy these things, without feeling controlled by them, is my challenge. I want to enjoy food, but I don't want to be overweight. I want to enjoy booze, but not let that enjoyment consume me and take the place of other, sober, pursuits. I want to enjoy my body with sex, exercise, and activities but not feel controlled by some schedule that I think I should be living up to. And I want to enjoy the money that Rob and I earn without being consumed by constant complaining about the budget or overspending on things I don't value.

This is my challenge. And the hardest part is … Who do I want to be? How do I want to spend my days, my time? How do I embrace my lazy procrastinator while satisfying the intrinsically motivated go-getter?

This is my journey. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment