Monday, December 3, 2012

M&RM Can I Stop Complaining?


Marriage and Relationship Monday

Last week I talked about the freedom to complain because all my needs are met. And that's fine. A little kvetching is good for the soul. But what else? Instead of filling the days with bemoaning my comfort, what else can I do?

I know, this is starting to sound like a The Woman I Want to Be Tuesday post, but really, aren't they all?

So after I finish complaining, what do I do? Spend time with friends and family. Walk the doggies. Watch old movies. Watch new movies. Enjoy my home. Organize my cupboards. And organizing the cupboards, like all the suggestions on this list, is an ongoing activity. I find it to be very relaxing. Standing in my pantry surrounded by my purchases. Cornbread mix and marshmallow vodka next to each other on the shelves.  It gives me a feeling of warmth and comfort to just move things around and be reminded of jars of curry sauce purchased long ago and forgotten. And isn't December a wonderful time to focus on this particular activity? Things that no longer appeal can be donated to a soup kitchen and new recipes can be explored to "eat out of the cupboard." Yes. It's decided. This month I vow to explore my home and my pantry for that comforting feeling it awakens. Join me, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment