Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Forget the Goals?


The Woman I Want to Be Tuesday

I read a blog post about ditching all the goals and just, you know, being. It appealed to me very, very much. Until I went to yoga last night. We were doing table pose (Google it) and the sight of my poochy belly up in the air made me feel… ooky. This is not okay with me. As much as I want to eat, drink, and be merry, I cannot feel good about my body being this big.

So, as part of being the woman I want to be, I want to publicly declare my one and only goal. I will feed and exercise my body for health and in order to reflect my inner self. This is not about a number on a scale, but a desire to look as beautiful on the outside as I feel on the inside.

How can I measure the success of this goal? Good goals must be measureable. Hmmm…

I will abstain from alcohol 5 days a week.

I will exercise for 1 hour, 5 days a week.

I will eat three to four small, healthful meals a day.  

Let's do this.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment