Friday, April 5, 2013

$623.19 Deposited in my Checking Account

Finance and Frugality Friday

How great that I had a surprise deposit in my checking account today! My new company offers a Flex Spending Account so that I can get "reimbursed" for medical expenses that aren't covered by insurance. Every paycheck they withhold a small amount of my money before taxes. Then I fill out a form and submit receipts for health care items that Rob or I have made. This is the first time I've used it. My $350 dental night guard and two pairs of eyeglasses added up to $623.19.

Now I understand that I already spent this money. I had to pay for these items out of pocket weeks and weeks ago. But how nice to fill out a form and get the money from pre-tax dollars that I've earned! We can use the money for co-pays or chiropractic care and I think maybe even for over the counter allergy meds and such.

What on earth am I going to do with this money? Buy new shoes and some clothes for our trip to London and Paris in a couple of weeks. Yahoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment